User friendliness and automation.

VincentCuclair

Question

I would like some more enhancement when it comes to local settings and automation.

1. I would like to be able to set a default 'Project North' (basically the way you do when placing a Heliodon Object) when starting a new project/file.

2. I would like to be able to set a default 'Project Geographic Location' i.e.. Latitude, Longitude and Elevation. (basically the way we do when placing the Heliodon Object incl. a project elevation).

3. I would like to be able to set a default Project Drawing Label style, North Arrow Style, Project Scale Bar Style, Section Marker Style, Callout Tool Style, Revision Marker Style, Elevation Marker Style etc..

Advantages and uses for this:

A Project North, Geographic Location and Elevation can be used for automatically adjusting tools such as the Heliodon Object, Stake Object and future tools such as Automatic Elevation Markers, Relative Elevations and Relative Orientations (see: http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=35989&Number=177507#Post177507)

etc. avoiding mistakes and obviously speeding up things dramatically.

Default Drawing Labels, North Arrows, Scale bars, etc. can ideally be automatically added to new SLVPs through checkboxes and moved through handles (preferably without entering the VP edit mode).

Creating and adjusting new SLVPs currently takes far to much time, (yes, I already have predefined VPs in a Drawing Template but non the less they usually need quite some adjusting for each new project and a large part of the time is put on these recurring objects.)

Edited by Vincent C

6 answers to this question

Definitely #3 (the others don't really apply to me). These items should also all use Text Styles (another half implemented feature). And drawing labels should be fixed so they can update from the centre as well as from the left. There's nothing more maddening than manually centring drawing labels each time you change a drawing name.

KM

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For 1 and 2, these are set within the Georeferencing options for the design layer. What specifically about the current implementation is inadequate or needs to be added/improved?

For 3, would these be more useful as a document default, (that could be utilized on an as-needed basis via templates) or an application-wide preference?