Another part of VW we can no longer trust: purge

We're finding that the purge command is removing objects we don't want removed. Is anyone else finding this? v2013 but perhaps v2012 too.

A colleague recently executed a purge command on a model file and I've just noticed that it's removed all the light fittings (leaving 3D loci in place).

Is there any way to replace a 3D loci with a symbol?

I have had problems with this tool as well. I have never noticed it removing symbols, but for me it removes classes. When the list comes up with all the things it wants to purge, I unselect all the empty classes I want to save. Most of the time it will still delete all those classes even though I unselected them. About a year about I called tech support about this and sent them a file, but haven't heard anything yet.

the Modify>Convert>replace with symbol is only available in Designer and Landmark. When I talked to tech support about it, they told me they are trying to get that function in all versions of VW, but the engineers haven't put it in yet.

As far as the Purge bug, I have talked to Tech Support about it, and I don't remember if they recorded it as a bug or not.