Window schedules in v2013

Christiaan

What are the chances of automated window schedule elevations in v2013 do you think?

I have 150 windows I need to draw. Either I do them manually (or with WinDoor's semi-automated tool) or delay issuing it in the hope that I'll be able to do it with the click of a button in v2013 in a few weeks time. Wishful thinking?

We'll probably get a bunch of cool new features but will still be missing the ones we sorely need at the moment........

I've found over the years that a major VW release placates me for some time until I begin running into missing features, bugs and roadblocks again. Each year this period seems to get shorter and shorter.

Yes I'm aware of that but I think the workflow you are referring to as the OP is something like:

1) Create window symbol

2) Add data to symbol

3) Generate schedule

4) Choose the criteria you would like shown in the schedule

5) Click OK

A pictorial window schedule is generated, with included dimensions and chosen data.

Done.

After all, this is a wish list isn't it?

:)

1) Create window symbol

2) Add data to symbol

3) Generate schedule

4) Choose the criteria you would like shown in the schedule

5) Click OK

A pictorial window schedule is generated, with included dimensions and chosen data.

In a nutshell!

+ choices for elevation (inside/outside)

+ choices for level of detail(plan) etc

+ overrides for line-weights

• 2 weeks later...

looks like you're in luck, bro'. check out the new features today. whether any of it works and is stable, however is always the question with a spankin' new release as you well know. I have to use it because I'm working with a rhino model and desperately need the new translation.

The demo I watched was rendering in hidden frame which I would think you could work from. I always work the other direction with the window supplier, providing them a NNA window schedule which does not appear on the document set that they then generate a pdf with specs that I then add to the doc set. I usually only add the pdfs at the end when sizes have settled down so that I don't get caught up in revisions. Keeps me out of the game of making a mistake with a manufacturer's rough opening. They provide it.

To be fair to NV they're not marketing it as some big new window scheduling feature. (not like the debacle that is the wall sculpting tool that can't even extend to the corner of walls).

But they would have been better off leaving the window example out of their marketing material altogether.

Argh, it's just so close!!

Close enough? Or will this lead to a change of software? I really got to sit down and think about this the coming months......

We're about to sign an NDA with Autodesk to see if we can get any hint of whether they're going to produce a native OS X version of Revit. Then we'll see.

The problem with v2013 is the very thing they're marketing it as, an evolution. Evolution is fine if you already produce the best in class of something (like Apple's iPhone), but when you're falling further behind your competitors?

As I said to Chris, they're heading in the right direction, just not nearly fast enough. *

* in saying that, why do we have decorative-only window shutters but not vector-based window schedule elevations?