Different views of same object.

Is it a way or a other module or version that allows to get at the same time different views of the same objects.

For example, my screen could be spit in 2 parts, the first one would display the plan view, and the second one would display a isometrics OpenGL view.

Or one part with the front view and the second on with the side view.

That configuration would also allow to have different zoom for the different views.

I works with cabinets, and I need to change the view constantly so that would be very helpfull.

Thanks,

Sleg, There is no way at present to do exactly what you're asking, but here are a couple of suggestions that might help: 1) You can use the Number Keypad (if you have one) to quickly change views: 1 is Left Iso; 4 is Left; 7 is Right Rear Iso; etc. etc. and 0 is Top/Plan and 5 is Top... Try it. It's fast and super-easy. 2) You can set up any number of Viewports of different views all on the same Sheet Layer. The caveat here is that you cannot edit the 'parent data' in a Viewport without first navigating to the design layer in which that data 'lives'. Hope those help.

It's not a feature of VW. But it IS possible.

And easily done for smaller 3D models.

See attached. I find it less distracting if "center objects after view change" is NOT checked in preferences, but sometimes I just leave it on. And you have to work with unified layers turned off.

In the attached file, on Design Layer-1 you can change views and draw in any view and it instantly shows up on the front, side, and isometric views constanly perched along the right side.

The biggest drawback is that only one of the extra views can be non wireframe.

mk

There are many of us who would like to see the way you can see and work on a model change so that it is possible to have different views (including sections) in different windows with the ability to make changes in any of those windows and see the other views update in real time. The problem would be though how you make that work in large and or multistory buildings with multiple users.

• 2 weeks later...