Rendering....

michaelk

Question

10 answers to this question

Yes, good wish.

Alts

Render service? Dropbox or Upload the file for rendering to service (NNA? 3rd party? Forum members?). Preview then download in format(s) of choice or tweek and rerender. LIke the SETI program - option the unused capacity.

Or keep an in-office station/server/RAID for renders so that work can continue at other stations.

Do we dare wish that renders happen faster? more use of GPU?

Meanwhile, take a nap, or some exercise, or a class at community college during renders?

-B

Yeah........

I've done that in the past. And I'll probably do it again very soon. It can get confusing. Sometimes files want to open in the duplicate. It feels messy.

Probably not NV's preferred method of solving the problem.

I'd like to have a way of solving it that doesn't involve closing the file and opening in a duplicate.

mk

Petri

I've been doing that for a couple years. (I think I learned it from you!)

But my wish is that I didn't have to close the file and reopen it in another duplicate app - just so I could continue working on another file.

What I really wish for is the ability to start a render - say in a SLVP - and continue working on other SLVPs, or pop back to a design layer and continue working during the render.

...or make the render time trivial.

mk