Drawing inside box

When working in VWv12.5 w RW My dwg usually starts out without being inside a "box" and without me changing anything all of a sudden it is in a "box"

I like it just being on my PC screen. What causes this box or window to appear and how do I get rid of it?

Does anybody know why or what benefits there are to it being in a box?

I find that I cannot see lights etc where are positioned outside which makes it hard to edit.

I am working on Trade Show exhibits so my drawings/renderings are not that detailed compared to an architectural building.

So if it's a memory or speed reason it doesn't seem to affect me.

So how can I stop this "box" or window from appearing?

Thank you all in advance and also for your past help.

Does this "Box" have what look like photo mounting corners? If so, then you have switched to a perspective view. In the View menu set the perspective back to 2D Plan or Orthogonal.

Are you using the RenderWorks Camera Tool? I believe it always uses a perspective view.

Check and see if you have a keyboard shortcut for Perspective that you might be hitting accidentally.

Pat

Thanks for your speedy response Pat.

Yes I am in perspective view w corners as you described.

So does this mean I should render in Orthogonal/ Isometric and then just switch to perspective for my final view / output?

I kinda liked being in my perspective view as I could see exactly how my shadows etc. were showing up. But I can live with this...LOL

BUT, is there any reason or benefit to the "BOX" or is it just there in perspective view for no reason.

I could understand it if it was at least set to a page proportion and the image inside could be enlarged or reduced.

Thanks again Pat, At least I can rest easy knowing this.

BUT, What the heck is it there for?....LOL

Edited by BrendanFella

BUT, is there any reason or benefit to the "BOX" or is it just there in perspective view for no reason.

The Camera Tool in the Visualization Tool Set offers great benefits with the perspective box. Unfortunately, I think the tool is not included in Fundamentals. It might be a reason to upgrade to an Industry Series or Designer version of VW:

The Aspect Ratio pull down menu in the Camera Tool OIP has presets to size the perspective box to match the rectangle of the drawing page, or to many common camera, display and projection formats - 16:9 3:2 etc. Numeric control of custom rectangles is also available.

Camera placement and view alignment are made in Top Plan view.

-B