Recommended Laptop/notebook for VW

As a Mac user, I'd recommend that platform (of course). There may be fewer problems with it and the interface is friendlier. Also, a Mac will run Windows if you must.

A good suggestion that someone made is to get a 15" size laptop, which travels easier, and then to buy a larger monitor for desktop use: maybe a 22".

pc boy here....

HP made a laptop a two years ago I think: dv9000. I got it then and have loved it as a laptop. Nice wide screen (17") dual processors, lotsa ram. Full size keyboard which is crucial. People like to skimp on things like monitor and keyboard. If you can't see and can't type you're losing time.

17" MacBook Pro, High resolution screen 512MB VRAM, matt not glossy screen, 7200rpm hard drive, fast external hard drive, 4GB ram

This machine will drive upto a 30 inch monitor. Plug in a numeric keypad

Just done a cinebench test with my laptop versus a HP workstation laptop and the MBP was 40% faster on the same test series. (My machine is now a year old and this was a brand new HP)

The new MBPs are even faster!!

An added bonus is that this screen is big enough for 1080 HD video straight from the camera, resolution 1920x1080

Finally the MBP is much lighter than its PC counterparts.