How to create a plan that has a black background and walls are shown white?

Guest FlowMaster

Trying to figure out to have the field (background)in black and the walls appear white? I'm in 12.5...anyone have a sense of how to do this...can't seem to figure it out!?

I would like ot do this for a presentation (brochure and website).

Thanks so much!

Daniel

It's not intuitive, but:

Set VW pref for black background. Render and print/save to pdf, and the black background shows in the pdf. If all you need is the linework, remove fill and change line color of rendered objects to white.

And it's weird:

2d objects, like the text and leader lines in my example, print/save as white when they have line color black. Unfortunately, you can't see them in the rendered DL unless they are selected. (but they are visible in the pdf save!)

And it's Strange: Hidden Line renders do not preserve the black background.

?! yikes, now I'm really confused.

-B

If you have Photoshop (or any other program of that kind), you can just draw your drawing in VW like you always do (white background, black lines) and set it to "negative" in PS.

An other option: when you're on windows, you can create a new layer on top of your drawing, set its layer transparenty to "Photo-Negative" and draw a black rectangle on that layer... Should be the same effect normally.

I'm not completly sure about that last methode, for i haven't used it for many years (last mac version where that was in was VW11, so....:) )

Edited by maarten.