Are there any other online VW resources out there?

I'm new to VW. I've done the CD's and understand the basics pretty well but when I do anything more advanced (like DTMs from surveys) I end up spending hours getting tripped up on things not listed anywhere in the CDs or manuals. This forum helps but it seems somewhat limited. Are there any other worthwhile online user forums or tips and tricks, not on the nemetschek website?

Go to Jonathan Pickup's great podcast

http://web.mac.com/jpickup1/Site/podcasts/podcasts.html

archoncad

Listen to Pat and Dan's informative and entertaining podcadtv

http://www.podcad.tv/podcad/Home.html

Check out hints on Vectorworks hints on the dispatch

On all of these go throught the archives- I learn something new everytime

And don't discount this Forum as I don't think there is a more responsive and helpful group out there for you-just ask.

Just a few-I'm sure there are more

...and DTM's are hard-

also, when you come across something that seems overwhelming-especially 3D related-just give a shout out to islandmon-he seem's to have the answer to everything. ;-)

Good Luck

Edited by Damon Design

As Vectorworks is continually evolving, so does the cadsupportonline usergroup. This is a monthly subscription service, focusing on a new workshop topic each month. It is designed to teach you a specific area of Vectorworks, and also includes question and answers, plus two extended podcasts (tips and tricks). The workshop topics often start with topics covered in the Archoncad manuals, but the user group notes are always updated to show new ways of doing things and covering new areas in Vectorworks.

We already have a dedicated list of subscribers, who find the service of real benefit. Here is one such comment:

?Just a note to say thanks for the usergroup.

I joined at the start and have found it be a very worthwhile investment.

It is a simple way to learn new skills and even with the stuff I already know I have picked up tips and tricks that make my work more efficient. (and more enjoyable)

I have been a VW user for a few years and although I can achieve the results necessary to produce what is needed I have never had the time to explore the potential of the programme. The usergroup is a quick and easy way to upskill without the hours of downtime because Jonathan's explanations are clear and direct and focus on things that we all want to know.

The results I am achieving have remotivated me and I now want to learn more to keep improving the product I am producing.

Regards, Sue?