Chain Link Fence

chstech

Use extruded circles for the posts. Then extrude a very skinny reatange (or maybe even a line! for the actual fence. If you search through the "metal" textures you will find something (probably) close enough for the actual chain link (try the "metal-stainless steel mesh" turned 45?, and adjusted for size/scale). Use it on the extruded fence... Good luck, have fun & Merry Christmas!

I have already created the fence i need by the painstakingly process of extruding, polylines, and 45 deg rotations. I unfortunately cannot use the line extrude with texture for two reasons, 1- with this extrude you cannot see thru the fence, 2- most of the drawings i work on we do not render and therefor the texture would not show up.

I was hoping there was a Fence Tool much like the Wall Tool that would make life simple. Especially when desgining landscape, what do most people do?? Create a fence from scratch? I know you can make a Roadway & a Guardrail, but no fence? Please tell me i am wrong.

Robert, maybe this is something that can be on the "In The Near future" list.

Thanks

It does indeed - except that I forgot the important step of ungrouping the hatch.

I have somewhere a simple "fence tool" that creates a series of vertical 3D-polygons of given height based on mouse clicks in any view (also plan with 3D-loci as the bottom-rail or post reference). Another version makes walls in the same fashion.

Theoretically I could probably make a modern path object based on those, but I don't for the time being have a need for one myself and no-one wants to pay for anything... Besides, a certain Mr. NNA might just copy the idea and include it in the next release of VW.