v 12 complaint

while I love the delicious textures and people (finally!) & adjustsble ones too! the possibilities are endless...thanks!,

I despise having to send drawings to tech support in 10 to convert to 12 as its impossible on my new xp laptop.....oh well love this softare but why does it double in size from v.10 to 12?

so sorry to rant but BTW what is a renderworks background ???... i hate sky dome so I need it but alas cannot access help without going on line (used to be in the software)

love

m

I have no trouble opening v10.5 drawings on a similarly-configured computer. V12 converts them automatically. Also, I haven't noticed much difference in file size between v10 and v12 versions of the same file. Maybe there is something particular to your drawings that makes this happen.

I do not batch convert (intentionally). does that mean my old 10 files could only be opened in 12? That would be insanity for me as I rest easy in the fact I can rely on 10.

I was told by tech support to change the way the file opened in Properties. This was unsuccessful with that file (of course the one I needed to render the most at that moment). I ended up having to send them the file to convert. I suspected the problem lied in the number of layer links, but after reading your other post, it could be my excessive us of plug-in objects.

You shouldn't need to batch convert in order for older files to open properly in VW 12.

Michelle, your issue is unique to that file it seems. I talked to the tech you were working with via email.

Have you tried any other files?

Katie, Just so you know: Almost every VW 8 file I opened in VW10, without batch converting, is either corruped or has funny little bugs. Batch converting seems to have prevented (most) of these problems. The bugs in VW12 notwithstanding, so far opening VW10files in VW12 by batch converting has prevented any corrupted files. This may be a causal connection, but it has worked, so far.