Advanced site modeling video unavailable

Posted (edited)

I’m attempting to watch the Advanced Site modeling video on the university, but I’m getting the message “Sorry, because of its privacy settings, the video cannot be played here”.

Is this just an error or is it an old video that is no longer valid? If not, does anyone know where I can watch the video?   I’ve linked the video below.

apologies if this wasn’t the right sub forum.

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/scorm/player.php?a=50&currentorg=articulate_rise&scoid=100

Edited by Cody Worthman
6 hours ago, JuanP said:

@Cody Worthman It appears the link provided is from the activity in the University and not the course. Please use the following link instead: https://university.vectorworks.net/course/view.php?id=77

Looks like it’s possibly a browser issue as I was able to load it on Firefox, but I get the privacy notice on my phone and MacBook whenever I use safari.  

I’m still able to load all the other vwx university videos on safari, so I’m not sure what the difference is with this particular video.

IMG_5895.png

1 minute ago, Jeff Prince said:

@Cody Worthman Juan's link works here on my end here in the USA.

If I remember correctly, you’re also a Mac user right? If you’re accessing it through safari and it works on your end, then I’m not sure what could be causing the issue on my end.

I did get the video to work on Firefox, but it’s still showing as private on safari no matter which device I use. 

2 minutes ago, Cody Worthman said:

If I remember correctly, you’re also a Mac user right? If you’re accessing it through safari and it works on your end, then I’m not sure what could be causing the issue on my end.

I did get the video to work on Firefox, but it’s still showing as private on safari no matter which device I use. 

Yes, I'm on a Mac Monterey and viewed it on Safari 16.5.2

Somehow for me the initial link works too.

But I also noticed the privacy settings warning from time to time

for a few certain courses while I could watch others fine.

Usually I use Safari only on latest official macOS.

20 minutes ago, zoomer said:

Somehow for me the initial link works too.

But I also noticed the privacy settings warning from time to time

for a few certain courses while I could watch others fine.

Usually I use Safari only on latest official macOS.

Both of my devices are up go to date, aside from not being on Sonoma .

I did determine that it’s happening to videos that are from the design summit, but none of the others.  Something about their format is different.  In case anyone else has the same issue, disabling advanced tracking protection allows the videos to load properly.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Cody Worthman said:

disabling advanced tracking protection allows the videos to load properly.

Aha.

I thought about something like this.

Or blocking certain addresses in LittleSnitch ...

But it was not that important to me to try it with different browsers or on Windows .....

I just wondered why it happens for only certain courses.

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1