Product update check failed "...connection to the server cannot be established..."

Question

12 answers to this question

1 hour ago, hollister design Studio said:

when I try and use the advanced options to download, the download button is greyed out:

Unfortunately this is the fault of not-so-great interface design; It's not obvious that it is waiting for the user to do something.

You have to click on the folder icon to select your download destination. Then the Download button will become available. 

[Note to Vw: I think there should be a prompt above the ‘Download Location’ box that says something about the need to select a download folder location. Also see that that on my current Vw 2024 Updater, the folder icon is not even inside the bounding box.]

ScreenShot2024-03-21at5_55_32PM.thumb.jpg.caa818f368ebba410c23d7bf2525874e.jpg

Edited by rDesign

I managed to get my copy updated by brute-forcing the update. I spent about 10 minutes checking the update over and over again until it showed there was an update and then doing the same thing with the updater. It was beyond frustrating.

• Like 1