Joinery not rendering correctly

Hello all - new user here so I apologies for my simple questions.

I have attached joinery to my walls using WinDoor, initially I copied and paste several of the units but realised they did not attach to the wall so finally figured out I needed to turn on the wall insertion mode, now all are showing as WinDoor in wall on the object info palate.

When I render the building some of the joinery is correct and I can see through it to the inside of the building but some are showing the exterior wall cladding.

How do I fix this?

forum Q 1.png

Check that you don't have two Walls superimposed on top of each other. If you move the cursor over the Wall + the arrow displays with an asterisk, that means there is more than one object there. Or hold down the Option key + drag a marquee onto part of the Wall: does it say 'Wall' in the OIP or '2 Walls'?

That wouldn't explain why the middle window is displaying correctly, unless you have two WinDoor in Wall objects at that location: again, in Top/Plan does the cursor display with an asterisk when you hover over this WinDoor? Or if you marquee select it does it say one object in the OIP or two?

Alternatively, just drag this Wall away from the model + see what happens.

Tom

You are awesome, I dragged out the front wall and you were correct, there was another wall underneath. 

The reason the middle window seemed to be correct is that the wall underneath also had the same window inserted so no wall in that area.

Sometimes I get so frustrated not knowing what to do or how to fix seemingly very simple things .... sigh!!!!

Big thanks Mon 😍

forum Q 1a.png

• Like 2