Project File Issues

b303lmr

Question

I am working in a project file and the save and commit function is not working - I am making progress in my own working file, pressing save and commit, the progress bar shows that it is saving, but when checking the project sharing history, and opening the project file, my changes aren't present in the project file. (See screen shots including history log which should show save and commits regularly from 9:10 to 9:20 for user AHA)

Project file

ProjectFile.thumb.png.1fda639b9dc70cf28e1cf2e9ecd3e458.png

Working file

WorkingFile.thumb.png.60e44b0570ede8f639a351b463c7acd7.png

We are using VW 2024 SP 3.1 and the project file is set up to use SMB only. 

(Our normal working procedure is that each time you enter the project file you open the vwxp file, and overwrite the existing vwxw file. However, as a test, I reopened the working file, drew a new shape and pressed save and commit, which did then appear in the project file. But after working in the file for another 10 minutes, changes we no longer being saved to the project file.)

Any light that can be shed on this would be much appreciated! We are finding that Project Files are almost unusable with the amount of lost work we are encountering (much more than we found in VW 2023).

Thanks in advance!

History.png

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@b303lmr we will need more info as to where the files are stored, how they are being accessed, etc. Please reach out to technical support via the Support Request Form on the Customer Portal so we can help get this resolved. Thanks