gate swing?

jnr

33 minutes ago, jnr said:

How do I get to choose which direction to swing a gate?

Once the gate is inserted you need to activate the Reshape tool then click on the blue selection handle to bring up the 'Edit Gate' dialog where you can flip the gate across the fence or along the fence.

• Like 3

I have just opened up VW2024 to try it. You need to have 'Join Mode' disabled in order for the selection handles to appear. Click on the one in the middle of the gate + it will open the 'Edit Gate' dialog. Feels like it shouldn't be that hard to get to the settings...

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 2/22/2024 at 6:37 AM, Tom W. said:

Once the gate is inserted you need to activate the Reshape tool then click on the blue selection handle to bring up the 'Edit Gate' dialog where you can flip the gate across the fence or along the fence.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:42 AM, Tom W. said:

You need to be in the 4th mode of the Reshape Tool: 'Elevation/Edit Mode'

On 2/23/2024 at 7:00 AM, Tom W. said:

I have just opened up VW2024 to try it. You need to have 'Join Mode' disabled in order for the selection handles to appear. Click on the one in the middle of the gate + it will open the 'Edit Gate' dialog. Feels like it shouldn't be that hard to get to the settings...

Thanks for the pointers Tom. This is nuts actually. Made worse by the fact that you then need to close the Edit Gate dialog window before you can see how the gate has flipped. Awful stuff.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...