Attempting to change texture boldness

Hello,

Looking for some help on trying to get my textures to appear slightly less bold when rendering elevations for my model.image.png.9974855c69e1496903a5635eff0e4f08.png

Instead, I'm trying to get my textures appear more like this elevation, while still maintaining the shadows.

image.png.f6a44c275371c4d59bb274dd9cb33008.png

I'm currently using the Artistic Renderworks background setting, with the Lines and Shadows Style, with the edge thickness at 0.01 . I've tried going through various settings to locate a possible solution for this, like changing the line weight scaling in the Advanced Viewport settings, but I have yet to find success in this. I welcome any suggestions or help of any kind. Thank you in advance.

1) Select the SLVP and override the visible Classes so that they are very thin. If your Hatches are all in one / the same Class, you can start there. See link to help file page below for additional info. Note that you can override multiple classes at once.

2) In the VP annotations you may also want to manually draw a thicker ‘profile’ polyline around the elements you want to ‘pop’ visually. Note that if you change the 3D model, this polyline won’t track the changes, you’ll have to manually re-edit it each time you significantly revise your design model.

3) Use the Artistic RW in the background as you have it, but add Hidden Line to the foreground.

In Vw2024, it is probably also possible to set up a Viewport Style to simplify this so that multiple VPs all look the same, but I haven’t done this yet.

Vw2024 Help File :: Changing the Class properties of sheet layer or design layer Viewports

Edited by rDesign
20 minutes ago, rDesign said:

1) Select the SLVP and override the visible Classes so that they are very thin. If your Hatches are all in one / the same Class, you can start there. See link to help file page below for additional info. Note that you can override multiple classes at once.

Hmm I'm not sure this will work... I assume these are Surface Hatches assigned to Textures. I think if you had an alternative version of the texture that used a lighter surface hatch then you could use class overrides to replace one texture with the other. If you were using Materials you could do something similar using Data Vis.

What I do is make sure all the Hatches I use as Surface Hatches use a 0.03 thick 60% Gray line so that the surfaces of the objects are less prominent than the edges by default. In your case @Emery B the simplest thing would probably be to do the same: just edit the Hatches involved + change the line colour from black to grey.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

Hmm I'm not sure this will work... I assume these are Surface Hatches assigned to Textures. I think if you had an alternative version of the texture that used a lighter surface hatch then you could use class overrides to replace one texture with the other. If you were using Materials you could do something similar using Data Vis.

What I do is make sure all the Hatches I use as Surface Hatches use a 0.03 thick 60% Gray line so that the surfaces of the objects are less prominent than the edges by default. In your case @Emery B the simplest thing would probably be to do the same: just edit the Hatches involved + change the line colour from black to grey.

TomW is correct. The hatches I use on on my exterior elevations already have 0.03 thick line weights. Doing what he said is a good place to start.

@Emery B in addition to what was mentioned, another approach is not to use Artistic RW as you did, but  rather Shaded with the settings noted below.

The main take-away is to not use 'colors' and to really pump up the b'rightness' setting.

Seee if this helps 🙂

Screenshot2024-02-01at4_11_57PM.thumb.png.d499740ad2193df7328a6a149db2fd4e.png

Screenshot2024-02-01at3_29_52PM.png.28b3a81b774d60df90781f1928461522.pngScreenshot2024-02-01at3_31_44PM.png.5a20c34cda6fc2130b4b5d15a2330211.png

Screenshot2024-02-01at3_30_24PM.png.b382ce697f0fe468f25d5394c105e037.png

• Like 2