Apply to Face mode still not working

MGuilfoile

Question

I'm using VW2023, I think it is up to date, but I don't see how to check that in Windows 10.

It is a problem I've had before, but only sporadically. Now it seems to happen nearly all the time. In short, When I use the Apply To Face mode with the Texture Tool the image ends up on all the faces. See the two attached images. This hanging banner is just a simple double-line polygon extruded 48 inches. When I use the Apply To Face mode on the face indicated by the red arrow, see what I get. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

MH Brown

Image 01.JPG

Image 02.JPG

Image 03.JPG

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

If you do a 'check for Updates' Vectorworks will tell you if it needs updating. Otherwise go to the Help>About Vectorworks to see the application version. In v2023 SP8 the apply to face works fine for me on the Mac. You might need to contact your local technical support as this obviously unusual.

Cheers,

Peter 

I'm using SP7, so is there anything on the list of fixes that might lead you to believe that updating to 8 would fix this? If so, it would be more widespread and not at all "obviously unusual." Those two statements, that a global update would fix an isolated problem, are somewhat in conflict; so I'm not really compelled to go down that road unless you can give me some reason that it might help. I will say that it works fine on my Mac version of VW2024, so you might look from that angle. Think about why this would happen. Ask around.

While I'm at it, I am also not able to place single maps on faces created by the Extrude Along Paths because they cannot be manipulated to fit. I get the outrageous message that the Attribute Mapping tool cannot be used. What!? EVERY texture map MUST be able to be manipulated by this tool. ALL of them on any surface. Do not even try to defend this. Please just fix it.

Thank you,

MH Brown

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm only trying to help. In tech support it is important to have users use the latest updated version before we can start to troubleshoot any issues. I say it is uncommon because I haven't come across this before but that's not to say it is not real. Please contact your local support team.

Cheers,

Peter

1 hour ago, MGuilfoile said:

Of course, thank you for your help. I don't know of a local support team other than tech support at VW.

Thank you,

MH Brown

Have you submitted this into Tech Support — email to tech@vectorworks.net — to see if they can address your issue?