VW 2024 Update 3 crashing when not on home network

ChollyO

Question

This past Friday I was on a site (that was not my home office, therefore away from my regular network) attempting to open VW (update 3, build 737434 on a Windows 10 machine).  Every time I would attempt to launch, VW would go through all of its normal initialization processes and just prior to completing it would crash and would automatically close.  This was attempted at least five times with the same result every time.  I tried with and without an internet connection, I tried disabling my antivirus, I even tried reinstalling.  When I returned to my home office, VW would open with no issue as if there never was any issue.  

I'm wondering if there is a log file that I can send in to someone to look over to see if they could identify what the issue was/is and if a fix could be provided?  This was a huge problem as the information critical to the tasks that I needed to carry out were only available in VW, so the whole purpose to my site visit needed to be scrapped.  My biggest concern is that this is only happening when I am away from my regular office so it may be difficult to identify and fix and I do not want to go through the same issues again.  I wasted at least two hours just trying to troubleshoot.

I appreciate any help that anyone could provide.  Thank you! 

6 answers to this question

For any of you out there that may be curious on the status of this, it turns out that when VW was installed, if I was on my office network, it would only work on my office network.  If I were to attempt to open it off the office network, it would constantly crash.  To resolve this I needed to do a complete uninstall and install when I was NOT on my office network.  In my case, I did a re-install when I was at home, on my home network.  Now VW works anywhere with no issue.

It should be noted that over the course of one month of troubleshooting this with VW support, they offered barely any assistance with this issue, constantly claiming that my PC's hardware were not up to spec with the minimum requirements for VW to run, or that the problem had something to do with the dock that I use in my office, neither of which are correct.  After about a month of slow responses (maybe one each day, at best), we figured out the issue and resolved it ourselves.  The entire process of working with VW support was excruciatingly frustrating and frivolous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1