Data tag glitch in update 2

Amanda McDermott

Question

Hello,

Data tags aren't updating when we make changes to the style, or even when creating a new style e.g. with larger text, and trying to replace them with that. The only way to edit their content or graphics e.g. increase text size, seems to be to re-do all the labels using a new style. This is a real nuisance and defeats the point of styles, please help!

@Marketa Hermova @Katarina Ollikainen @Vlado @Hugues if you aren't the right person can you please help me to refer this to whoever is? 

This may have been in update 1, but I've certainly noticed it in update 2, and before I got 2.1. We're using landscape area and planting tags, assume the issue affects other data tags as well.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Which are the parameters which aren't respecting the changes made to the style + are they definitely set to be by style? For example, if you're talking about text size is 'Edit Tag Layout' set to be by style?

If you do the same thing with the same tag in VW2023 is the behaviour different there? I am not seeing any issues with my tags in VW2024...

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Which are the parameters which aren't respecting the changes made to the style + are they definitely set to be by style? For example, if you're talking about text size is 'Edit Tag Layout' set to be by style?

If you do the same thing with the same tag in VW2023 is the behaviour different there? I am not seeing any issues with my tags in VW2024...

Brilliant, thank you, I think this is the answer! We had edited the buttons so that we could change instances if we want, but hadn't realised that would stop them updating if they hadn't ever been changed. Might need to rethink how we set things up...

• Like 1

'Factor' (Display tab) is a good one to leave by instance, then you can enlarge/shrink individual tags if required (from the OIP). (I have Scaling set to symmetric by style + scale text enabled by style but factor by instance).

• Like 2