Plant Legend using

Will follow with interest, but I don't think you can do this, you'd have to use a data tag. I don't know about you, but we often have a number of planting beds with the same landscape area type. It would be a useful addition to the legend to have an option of an accompanying automatic worksheet/data tag that summarised all of the plants in the various planting bed/areas with the same landscape area type (rather than the current faffy way which is to set up a separate worksheet and get your settings right).

• Like 1
Just now, Amanda McDermott said:

Will follow with interest, but I don't think you can do this, you'd have to use a data tag. I don't know about you, but we often have a number of planting beds with the same landscape area type. It would be a useful addition to the legend to have an option of an accompanying automatic worksheet/data tag that summarised all of the plants in the various planting bed/areas with the same landscape area type (rather than the current faffy way which is to set up a separate worksheet and get your settings right).

p.s. if it can be done, @Marketa Hermova is the person to know?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think what you want is going to be possible. I will try to explain the issue.

If we were doing this in a worksheet, and we wanted to report the data on the Landscape area we would have to use a database row that returned Landscape Areas. If we wanted to report data on the plants contained within the landscape area we would need to use criteria that return the objects with Plant Records (SubTypes). There is "no" way to return the plants in a database row returning the Landscape Area.

Basically a Legend is a worksheet database row with more graphical smarts.

@Tamsin Slatter @Katarina Ollikainen Do you have any ideas how to produce a legend of Landscape Areas that will also list the plants and their quantities in that area?

If not, I do have one more possible idea using a script, but it is likely a fragile solution and very likely not to work at all.

Sorry.

• Like 2