Slabs BUG!

Henrique Lauer

Question

Hi everyone,

my first experiences using the vw2024

• if you add slabs modifies the slabs does not shows the correct plan view - if you add many slabs modiffies the view plan could be bizarre! Bellow you could see it with one simple modifier! 
  • general low performance! my setup : rtx 4090 / Ryzen 9 5950x16 core (32threads) 64gb + ssds and nvme 

• doors and windows low performance

bellow with one simple modiffier 

image.thumb.png.7dae219f3012a1e1391be31bf378fb5c.png

bellow without modifiers

image.thumb.png.99f41ca534edaf4e3b1f05c18106ac02.png

Edited by Henrique Lauer

9 answers to this question

I'm still working in VW2023 yet would like to start the next project in VW2024 so my heart sank when I saw this. But I have tested + can't replicate it. Are you finding it's happening in multiple files or just one? I sometimes get weird things happening in Top/Plan when I insert symbols in Slabs using 'Add 3D Object to Slab' but I don't think that's what's happening in your case. Plus this is in VW2023 + earlier versions.

@Henrique Lauer you're right. It seems to happen where the Slab boundary has a certain amount of vertices. If you reduce the amount of vertices it works normally, which was why I wasn't seeing it when I was trying to recreate it. Needless to say, export the file to VW2023 + all works fine... So hopefully you submitted this file to the engineers or @JuanP will do it? Things like this make it very hard to fully transition from VW2023 to VW2024 but hopefully it's an easy fix...? Have there been under the hood changes to Slabs to make this happen? @Matt Panzer?

• Like 1
On 12/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, Tom W. said:

@Henrique Lauer you're right. It seems to happen where the Slab boundary has a certain amount of vertices. If you reduce the amount of vertices it works normally, which was why I wasn't seeing it when I was trying to recreate it. Needless to say, export the file to VW2023 + all works fine... So hopefully you submitted this file to the engineers or @JuanP will do it? Things like this make it very hard to fully transition from VW2023 to VW2024 but hopefully it's an easy fix...? Have there been under the hood changes to Slabs to make this happen? @Matt Panzer?

Hi everyone
Juan and Tom,

I believe there are bugs with wall wrapping components. I can't say what exactly did it, although it seems the walls have an "own will behavior" about wrappings. Sometimes works fine and sometimes it is bizarre behavior. 

image.thumb.png.8241a0e3b7ed002926d5308d67da652c.png

image.thumb.png.0715cf14a431394ba404c271f060575d.png

image.png.d57f7fd93401a1abd9dcc7f7eac05161.png

image.thumb.png.bfe581bce77f382d671d94f532b2052e.png