3d view of the round windows

Amarin

Question

Hello

I have a problem with 3d view of windows with top round transoms, from inside they look like on the attached picture. (I mean not smooth surface of wall inside the window, sorry I don´t know how it is called in English)  Is it possible to fix this somehow? The rectangular windows  are ok, this appears only if I make round top or round transom.  VW version 2024. 

VW_bug.jpg

Edited by Amarin

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, Amarin said:

Hello

I have a problem with 3d view of windows with top round transoms, from inside they look like on the attached picture. (I mean not smooth surface of wall inside the window, sorry I don´t know how it is called in English)  Is it possible to fix this somehow? The rectangular windows  are ok, this appears only if I make round top or round transom.  VW version 2024. 

VW_bug.jpg

Hello @Amarin,

Can you attached a simple file with the wall and window?

That looks like a Computerworks Window object that's using its own system for creating closures.  Maybe try turning those off in the window object settings, edit the Plug-in Object Options (right click on the window and choose the context menu command) and select "Use wall closure" and setup the closure setting in the wall as needed.  Here's a quick example using the US window (on the right):

image.png

Round Windows_VW-MGP.vwx

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Matt Panzer said:

That looks like a Computerworks Window object

Oh, then you should also ask on the german forum ....

https://www.vectorworksforum.eu

As it could be either a setting issue or just a bug with their Windows for your special configuration.

(With the VW US version, we can open files with german Windows, but we can't edit them or

change settings to test)

When Wall Closures were released, Computerworks needed one extra year to make their Windows

and Doors compatible with Wall Closures. But since VW 2024 (or even 2023 ?) the german PIOs

are meant to work well with Wall Closures.

But I also tend to @Matt Panzer,

I think it is the (here named) TypeRabbet : "innen / innen abgefast" Setting that does interfere here.

Looks quite funny in a macro shot :

SCREENSHOT_2023-12-19_19_09_44.thumb.jpg.5aa8b260c90720d4e4916e37ef7bed2b.jpg

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 2
On 12/19/2023 at 1:10 PM, zoomer said:

But I also tend to @Matt Panzer,

I think it is the (here named) TypeRabbet : "innen / innen abgefast" Setting that does interfere here.

Looks quite funny in a macro shot :

Yeah.  What I was expecting as an angled splay, is a series of steps.  That's where the extra lines are coming from.

Thank you all! I ask on English forum because my German is not so good 😅 thou I'm working in Germany. 

I already tried to use the general wall closure settings, and they worked fine for this window configuration as well. So at the moment the problem is solved, untill it will be necessery to use the window type that I used before. But actually I dont think they will be in use often.

• Like 1