Sections / Elevations Dimensions

Theo D

Hello everyone,
When I make a section or an elevation with the clip cube to send as a viewport in a presentation board and I make dimensions of my section or elevation directly in my drawing layer, the dimensions don't appear in the viewport and I end up having to dimension my sections or elevations directly in the viewport.
Is there a solution?
Thanks for your help!

Edited by Theo D
  • Theo D changed the title to Sections / Elevations Dimensions
4 hours ago, Theo D said:

Hello everyone,
When I make a section or an elevation with the clip cube to send as a viewport in a presentation board and I make dimensions of my section or elevation directly in my drawing layer, the dimensions don't appear in the viewport and I end up having to dimension my sections or elevations directly in the viewport.
Is there a solution?
Thanks for your help!

Some people will disagree with me on this, but your dimensions should be in the annotations space of the viewport, not in the design layer.

You can get away with in 2d drawing but it doesn't make sense in 3d.

In the case of a section - where are you locating your dimensions in the design layer? The section doesn't exist as snappable geometry in a design layer, the cut plane only gets drawn in a viewport.

• Like 2

Thank you for your reply.
I'm placing my dimensions correctly in relation to my section but they don't appear in the viewports.
This would be very useful to me, not in perspective but in orthogonal section to avoid drawing it in 2D afterwards when it exists in 3D.
Thank you

50 minutes ago, Theo D said:

Thank you for your reply.
I'm placing my dimensions correctly in relation to my section but they don't appear in the viewports.
This would be very useful to me, not in perspective but in orthogonal section to avoid drawing it in 2D afterwards when it exists in 3D.
Thank you

I think you might need to attach some screenshots or an example file because I don't really understand where you are putting the dimensions that are disappearing.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:34 AM, Theo D said:

Hello everyone,
Is there a solution?
Thanks for your help!

Your VP might not have the Dimensions class active. I agree you should place them in Annotations.