Site Model with unwanted results

mattryan

Hi All

I am new to site modelling and I have created my first site model.

I have the 3d contours bound by the property line and when I generate the model it creates some unwanted "edges" that close in the contour. See photos attached.

Also it doesn't seem to want to generate a skirt below? I have tried adding a new component with a thickness but the bottom edge follows the line of the contour?

Any Ideas?

Thank you!

Matt

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 12.11.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 12.12.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 12.12.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-11 at 12.12.29 PM.png

@mattryanIt's hard to solve the exact problem without having access to a copy of the file but I have run into this before. I would extend your contours beyond the property line in order to fix this. You can always extend the 3D polys and re-create the site model or add stakes farther out beyond the property line. 

When you stop the contours at the property line, they return along that line and close in on themselves hence the vertical sides. 

Posting a copy of the file can be helpful for people to solve the issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

I refer you to the link below that has simple and well considered videos on VW including how to develop a site model that reviews extending contour beyond the site boundary and why that matters.  I am not sure this is the exact video, but once you are in the link you will see her terrific content.