How to Up-Scale the Label Legend in a Viewport?

What I need to accomplish:

In several of the Published Drawings I want to make the Label Legends of all the instruments larger in just a particular Viewport.

When working in the various Layers; I want it as originally scaled.  

The only workaround I've developed is making all new larger "containers" and rebuilding each of the Label Legends just for that particular Viewport/Sheet Layer.

Am I missing something very obvious?

THX to anyone who has any ideas!

P.

I don't think I have ever found a satisfactory way to do this with just a couple of button pushes. However, text can be scaled wholesale using the Advanced properties of a Viewport if that is what you need. The way I do this from time to time is to either use a Detail Callout at a different scale to show what I need or add a Data Tag in the Annotations portion of the Viewport. I have single data tags set up for Colour, Unit, Channel, and Address and these can be added when I need them. They can also be scaled.

Hope that sends you off in the right direction!

Edited by markdd
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 12/4/2023 at 9:05 AM, preston bircher designs said:

The only workaround I've developed is making all new larger "containers" and rebuilding each of the Label Legends just for that particular Viewport/Sheet Layer.

This is what I do with one extra step. If you edit your Label Legend and duplicate the fields you want to magnify the text for, you can control what is shown in each viewport via classes.
Let's say you want the channel and unit numbers to be huge. Make a new class for each, i.e., label/channel-huge and label/unit number-huge

In the LL, duplicate the channel and unit number fields. Assign them to the Huge classes and change their text size. Once done, you can show/hide the classes in the viewports.
I ignored the containers, as you can see. It's about the clarity of the numbers for the crew to read.

2023-12-05_22-23-12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Another way to approach this is to use data tags for the viewport where you need the larger scale,
The tags will only be present in the viewport annotations and won't affect the label legend scale in another viewpüort or in design layers.

• Like 1