Viewport right click edit is now gone in 24?

jberlin

Question

Help so frustrated!....Up until this release of VW24, in my sheet layer, I used to be able to right click on a view port, and in that box, it used to give the option of: Edit Viewport:

Annotations, Crop, Design Layer, Camera.

Now when you right click on a viewport, the only option is Edit.  You then have to click on edit to bring up a second window called Edit Viewport, and then choose what you want to edit.

That two extra steps to slow me down?

Also what is also gone is say I am in the "Crop" window, I use to right click while working in the crop window and get the other 3 options, so I could go directly from the Crop window to the Design Layer window.  But now the right click window only gives one of those options.

What I loved while working in the annotations window, I could right click and go straight to the design layer and quickly fix something, then upon exit I would be back in the annotation window.   Not having this is really, and I mean really slowing down my work flow.

Is there some kind of settings for this?  I have looked everywhere....

7 answers to this question

I don't see anything different between VW2023 + VW2024. Are you sure you don't mean you used to double-click on a VP rather than right-click? Depending on how you set it up, double-clicking on a VP will either open the 'Edit Viewport' dialog or whichever one of the edit options you choose (annotations, crop, design layer, camera).

They are completely different:

here is 23, which matches your image above.

Screenshot2023-11-18at10_35_29AM.png.43a22331c1c64a23ca85649a91fda5cc.png

Now here is 24, it is totally different!!!!!!!!  Edit then none of the edit choice.

Screenshot2023-11-18at10_34_21AM.png.a18ac8ca3e9aff8ab0d420c1a48141b0.png

Thus you have to first click Edit to get this window.

Screenshot2023-11-18at10_39_10AM.png.d6d8ce23177434ed4cc1ee1779b70f1b.png

In 23 when inside the Annotation I used to be able to right click and go straight to Edit Design Layer

Screenshot2023-11-18at10_40_30AM.png.a1158bbe4dd94cfd388d64cf4bd008bb.png

Now in 24 all one gets is the crop choice.

Screenshot2023-11-18at10_42_21AM.png.a7552816a8ddcb9cc3c3a28c3b23eecb.png

So yes if there is  a preference that has been accidentally changed or??????  please let me know ASAP.

Thank You !!!!!!

What I am seeing is Focus Lighting & Refresh Lighting Devices - which might lead me to believe that I am somehow in the Spotlight UI.  However, I am not, I am in the Design Suite UI. as I have been for many years.....

I think that is the what I am now saying,  My Design Suite workspace has mysteriously changed.  I have gone into the workspace to edit this, and I cannot find Edit Annotations, Edit Crop or Edit Design Layer.  I can see under menus, that I can add or remove segments, I remove the Spotlight commands, but don't see the edit commands.

I also made a copy of my Design Suite Workspace, since I can see that there is a choice to "Reset" and work space back to its shipping arrangement.  I did the reset and it still has the Spotlight junk.  Ugh.

I wonder if there is a way to import my 2023 Design Suite Workspace.   I will try that next..........

Well that took literally 4 minutes.  So happy.

So I went to my 23 Workspace folder, dragged and copied my Design Suite 23 workspace to  the 24 Workspace folder. Changed the name so I could keep track of it aka Design Suite AnandaScapes. In VW 24 Tools>Workspaces>Workspaces, the wind came up and I checked my Design Suite Anandascapes, clicked ok, and a few seconds later it blinked and the workspace was up.  Not only that, but all my quick key changes stayed the same, my menus were in the space as expected.   So happy.

I don't think I will ever migrate again, this is easier and faster, since usually after migration every year, I have to go back and change all my quick keys, and change all my menu positions, and so on.........

Thank you for leading me in the right direction, if you see this 2024 migration bug happen to someone else, above is the quick solution.

Cheers!

Joel

OH BTW!!!

Just noticed in the top left hand corner it does not read Design Suite AnandaScapes but reads Design Suite 24.   And what makes me even happier is that the old UI menu icons are back!!! Oh Thank God!!!!!!,  I am actually crying I am so happy.    Sorry folks, but I have been kvetching about how much I dislike the new icons.   I can live with the tool icons, they are very similar, and with them larger I can find them.  But I suppose figuratively, I would stare at the menu icons for minutes to find the Building Set or the 3D set, and so on.  But look now, I just won the lottery!

Screenshot2023-11-18at4_23_49PM.png.badb80d12b73d8fc049167fb11695ecd.png

Cheers!

Joel