Does anyone use a pen tablet for vectorworks?

I am using Vectorworks a lot in my work, And I'm in thoughts of getting a new drawing tablet to practise Vectorworks on.
It seems like a great way to have extreme preciseness over what you're doing when making sketches inside and outside of Vectorworks.
I've seen some related posts like https://pctechtest.com/best-drawing-tablets-for-architects-and-designers , but still not sure.
Anyone using one? If so, got any recommendations? Not a huge budget but I’m willing to spend a few hundred dollars.

I used one for a short while too, but also now just use the mouse.

It doesn't really help you to be more "precise" in Vectorworks, because you shouldn't really be doing things by eye anyway. If you want to place something precisely, you should be using snaps or entering dimensions manually. A decent mouse is more than adequate. I don't even find I need to turn the speed down especially - it's quite possible to move it slowly enough that I can advance it by a pixel or two in any direction.

I do have a pen display, which I sometimes use for drawing, but hand drawing, in Affinity apps (similar to photoshop/illustrator), not in CAD.

I have to say that I don't use it as much as I thought I would, even for that purpose. That's because each time I have to remember all the quirks of the software and my best method for getting the look I want (it would be different if I used it every day I'm sure). So, quite often find myself just drawing stuff on paper and scanning it, like I have done for years, when I want to do that kind of drawing.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hongjun said:

I am using Vectorworks a lot in my work, And I'm in thoughts of getting a new drawing tablet to practise Vectorworks on.
It seems like a great way to have extreme preciseness over what you're doing when making sketches inside and outside of Vectorworks.
I've seen some related posts like https://pctechtest.com/best-drawing-tablets-for-architects-and-designers , but still not sure.
Anyone using one? If so, got any recommendations? Not a huge budget but I’m willing to spend a few hundred dollars.

Sorry but I think this is just Link SPAM.

I remember a similar post on the Bricscad Forum :

I often draw sketches in BricsCAD but find it slow and tedious, especially when making interacting mechanisms. I would love a drawing tablet, but don't know where to start.

I have seen some related posts like this https://pctechtest.com/best-drawing-tablets-for-architects-and-designers , but still not sure.

Is it easier or more difficult to use BricsCAD with a drawing tablet? and which one to get? a wacom or do other tablets work too?

BTW

I already wondered who would ever use Bricscad for sketching !?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Anyone tried the Huion pen displays? It looks like it may be a decent value proposition if the Wacoms are out of reach, and most reviews I read are saying the gap in quality to the Cintiqs is shrinking. Sometimes it is hard to tell if reviews are just fanboys, though (for Huion or for Wacom.) Huion just released a 27" 4k model for about $1500 less than the 27" Cintiq 4k pen display.