Building Geometry Disappeared from Section Viewports

Ed Wachter

Suddenly, all the section VPs in a VW2021 file are not showing any of my building geometry. All of my Anno drafting and notes are still there. I can select the VPs. They're still called Section Viewport in the OIP. The design layers layers and classes are still turned on in the VPs. But updating does not show any hint of the building. I've been working with this file for a few years with out any problems. Have you ever experienced this? Any thoughts on how to fix the VPs?

For now, I'm recreating the VPs, unless someone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Ed

@Pat Stanford, That thought also occurred to me and I deleted the crop in one VP and zoomed out looking for the model, but did not see anything. After reading your message I did the same in other VPs and found the model. Somehow I fooled myself. I don't know how. Could I cause this problem if I accidentally moved the internal origin? Or only by moving the model?

Thanks,

Ed

11 hours ago, Ed Wachter said:

Could I cause this problem if I accidentally moved the internal origin? Or only by moving the model?

I tried this but the only way I could get the crop to move was either by moving the model geometry or by moving the section line. Neither moving the User Origin, 'moving' the Internal Origin via the 'Center Drawing on Internal Origin' command or changing the geolocation of the Internal Origin via the Geolocate Tool resulted in any change to the viewport...

Plus it's quite hard to 'move' the Internal Origin unintentionally.

This can happen when you unintentionally move the section line (and that includes shortening or lengthening the section line).

This is a problem with the way section lines work, in my opinion.

However it seems unlikely that you'd have moved all of the section lines unintentionally, in one go.

I am often suspicious that section lines can shift on their own, ie there is a bug that makes this happen, but usually can't rule it out happening as a consequence of me doing something without noticing.