Interiorcad 2023 compatibility with VW 2024

Josh Cain

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to install a trial version of interiorcad 2023 with VW 2024. I have IC2023 installed, when I launch VW24 a pop-up appears listing the IC plugins that are not compatible.

The interior cad tool is listed in tools sets when I open a new file, but all IC tools are showing with a red x, if I click any IC tool I get this error message -  An error occurred while opening the plug-in. Make sure that the plugin is located in the "Plug-ins" folder located in the User Data and Preferences Folder. See Vectorworks Preferences - User Folders tab.

Is there a solution for this or do I need to wait for IC 2024 to be released?

I'm also trying to find some good reference content/videos for details on how IC integrates with our manufacturing software / hardware, but most of what I have found is in German.

8 answers to this question

@Josh Cain I don't know if vectorwop is activated with the trial version, maybe it is. What are you wanting to output to, i.e. what CNC machine or CAD CAM sofware are you running?

You are not going to find much in the way of literature. With a little bit of graft / outside assistance it is not very hard to get running.

Like @Tom W. says you need to be running 2023 so you will have to hold on tight until next year to install 2024. I would maybe wait until a few IC service packs are released before installing it. 

J

Josh

As previously stated you have to wait for Interiorcad 2024 to come out

It was due on 31st Dec 2023 but it seems like there are delays!

We have taken over reselling in the UK and can supply to Oz too I believe

We can supply complete with VectorWop if needed

Cheers

Steve

On 1/15/2024 at 1:36 PM, thecadman said:

Josh

As previously stated you have to wait for Interiorcad 2024 to come out

It was due on 31st Dec 2023 but it seems like there are delays!

We have taken over reselling in the UK and can supply to Oz too I believe

We can supply complete with VectorWop if needed

Cheers

Steve

Steve do you know when I can expect to be able to use InteriorXS with VW2024? Thanks.