Visualization Palette - Lights On misbehauvior

bjoerka

Question

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @thinkingpencil,

At the moment the internal ticket (VB-199773) is set to be resolved in a future update. The priority is set to Critical which means this will get updated as soon as possible. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, this is still a problem in update 1.1, 2024 version of Vectorworks. Look out for update 2 which is on its way, most likely to be released this month. 

Service pack 1.1 addresses known crashes with latest operating system updates. The reason it was released is it addresses crash issues related with Mac OS Sonoma and general stability. Basically to prevent Vectorworks from crashing so it was released as a sort of a hot fix. 

The line-light might not be related with the visualization palette problem that we were talking about in this thread. I would recommend to see if you can replicate this issue in an empty file and to open a new thread in the forum or directly contact technical support team through your customers portal. 

• Like 2

Thank yoiu  Domas, really appreciate your update. All noted and understood. Makes sense to do the hot fix. Using Windows 10 I am finding v2024 1.1. quite stable. Although I've had a couple of crashes when updating viewports, they're no big deal to me (thanks to a 5-minute autosave!). The Visualisation/lights fix is welcome in due course. But, obviously, we are able to control lights directly until then. Meanwhile I've  attached a trial file illustrating the visualization issue and will post it to a new topic to discuss the failures(?) in line-light and area-light it seeems also to show.

20231116 Lighting Trial.vwx

Sadly the visualization palette hasn´t got any improvements with the update 2.

Furthermore i see something that did not happen with update 1.1

I have 2 files open. The first has got three lights, one named area light. The other are named Light-1 / Light-2

When i open a second file the visualization palette is still showing the lights of the first file...

Switching Light-1 and Light-2 on and off works (even they are from the first file) but an error message shows up, that some lights could not be selected...

Weird...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bjoerka said:

have 2 files open. The first has got three lights, one named area light. The other are named Light-1 / Light-2

When i open a second file the visualization palette is still showing the lights of the first file...

That was my first VW 2024 experience too when I accidentally looked

at visualization palette by accident (just to help another user with lighting issues).

Total havoc.

I just thought that it was his file that was simply complete corrupt or broken.

I also read about SP2 announcements (SPs are now called Updates ....)

about Viz Palette issues and so expected

(that someone extensively tests through the whole Viz Palette Features and fixes it)

the Viz Palette to work now perfectly again with SP2.