Window Trim location

We've tried using wall closures but the problem is we cannot control the colour of the wrap independantly from the cladding. 

For example, if the exterior cladding is white, we cannot have the wall closure as dark. 

In the image, the left window is how we want the trim to work. (Currently done with lintel as a workaround. This doesn't work with corner windows.)

The 2 on the right is with wall closure with the cladding wrapping in, which is not what we want. 

image.thumb.png.584a8680e5c063ef6f67410b528f5811.png

• Like 2
9 hours ago, nahekul said:

We've tried using wall closures but the problem is we cannot control the colour of the wrap independantly from the cladding. 

For example, if the exterior cladding is white, we cannot have the wall closure as dark. 

In the image, the left window is how we want the trim to work. (Currently done with lintel as a workaround. This doesn't work with corner windows.)

The 2 on the right is with wall closure with the cladding wrapping in, which is not what we want. 

image.thumb.png.584a8680e5c063ef6f67410b528f5811.png

It would be GREAT if you had more control over the position of the exterior trim/architrave + could use it to line door/window reveals. This is a big problem for me too + I most often end up making my own symbols to do it. Perhaps @Matt Panzer could say whether the trim/architrave function has featured in the recent moves to upgrade/enhance the Door/Window tools or will do in future...? Would it be particularly complicated to add a width offset like we have for the sash?

I never use Lintels so didn't realise you could do that - good tip! But again, you don't really have enough controls to make it representative plus it just seems to clip the Wall in Top/Plan without displaying any actual geometry (there is no 2D class)...?

• Like 1