2024 - Shaded Render Improvements

JuanP

• JuanP unlocked this topic
58 minutes ago, MarcelP102 said:

Really missing a fog function to make objects in the distance less visible. RevitSketchUp and Archicad already have this option (but lacking some other nice settings compared to VW). Once used you never want back. It makes the drawing so much better to read.

Please add this🙂

Yes, I also first thought about that nice Fog and Bloom in Eevee.

But Camera Exposure is a great feature for me.

I hope that setting translates to different Saved View Setups.

And a Eevee-like nearly real time screen space GI would be the killer.

• JuanP pinned this topic

Depth of field is interesting to try a little bit. I think it might be useful for quick presentation images where you want to (literally) focus on something particular without getting distracted by things in the background that are not fully drawn yet.

I would say you can tell it's kind of "faked" but nonetheless a useful addition.

Screenshot2023-09-13at15_06_04.thumb.jpg.e979908c731216c9c3caf9347461b1e6.jpg

It would be nice to somehow have a slider (rather than typing numerical values) to adjust the focal depth in real time.

Edited by line-weight
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Juan - I have ben working on improving my renders 7 lighting for a while. One thing I can't work out is what the "crease angle" adjustment in shaded rendering tool does? I have tested it at different values, but can't really see the difference. Could you explain that one to me please?

5 hours ago, Charles RW said:

Hi Juan - I have ben working on improving my renders 7 lighting for a while. One thing I can't work out is what the "crease angle" adjustment in shaded rendering tool does? I have tested it at different values, but can't really see the difference. Could you explain that one to me please?

It basically determines whether or not a line will be drawn between two faces that are at an angle to each other. You won't see much effect unless you are looking at objects like meshes that have faces at a slight angle to each other. It's sort of a way to cheat and draw objects that have segmented faces as if they actually had smooth curved faces. Usually you don't want to set it too high, or it will miss out drawing edges where you do want them drawn.