Data Tag for bottom of wall elevation?

Ed Wachter

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, Ed Wachter said:

I am using data tags in VW2023 for calling out top-of-wall elevations. How do I call out the bottom-of-wall elevations? Do I somehow use the same tags? Is there a dedicated bottom-of-wall tag? Do I have to create one? 

Thanks,

Ed

Others here may know better but here's a Data Tag that get's the top, bottom, and overall height (relative to the layer height) of any object based on the objet's bounding box.  It seems to work well for walls in my quick test.

Wall Elevations Data Tag v2023.vwx

• Like 1

Duplicate your top-of-wall tag + edit the tag field definition:

#IPZ# (Insertion Pt Z) will return the Z height of the bottom of the Wall as defined by the bottom offset, relative to the ground plane.

#ZBBBG# (Z Bottom of Bounding Box ground plane) will return the Z height of the bottom of the Wall as defined by any component offsets, relative to the ground plane.

#ZBBBL# (Z Bottom of Bounding Box layer elevation) will return the Z height of the bottom of the Wall as defined by any component offsets, relative to the layer elevation.

'Edit Tag Layout...' button in OIP > select Text object > 'Define Tag Field...' button in OIP. Select the formula in the drop-downs + remember to click on 'Replace Current Definition'!

• Like 2

Thank you @Matt Panzer and @Tom W.. The tag Matt provided is easy to use, but it's not the graphic format and the exact data that I want to display. I think I can edit graphic layout using the "Edit Tag Layout". However I want the wall elevation referenced from the layer elevation of a different layer than the walls are on.

I like Tom's approach because I think duplicating and editing my existing tag is the easiest path. But where do I find the tag field definition?

Ed