Site contour editing

Landartma

Question

I have a drape over my site model.  The update site model give a funky jink in on of the contours so I went into edit site model-proposed contours-reshape-delete vertex mode.  I made my changes and hit Exit Proposed Site Model Contours.  The change does not save.  I went through the videos and can't see what I'm getting wrong.  What setting am I missing?  This has got to be really simple.   

Screenshot (237).png

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (239).png

Screenshot (240).png

Screenshot (241).png

7 answers to this question

LOL at least it hasn't made things worse for me...Its just doing nothing.  I just looked at "Define by contours" I ran the command.  Control Z for sure...That made it way worse.  I'm sure both commands work but damned if I can figure it out.  Scratching my head...Modifying a contour should be really, really simple...No?  Re did the drape and it looks a bit better but the jink is still there.  I guess I'll be including that in the next training session.

Ok so like many things here basic functions like curved walls with batters are difficult.  I have talked to many tech people who tell me that cad programs don't speak in curves...Well.  That would be the game changer.  Landscapes curve and twist and unless your fluent in 3d modeling its an issue.  But editing a contour line should be very simple.  Draw a new line, split tool, trim, compose, reshape and be able to give each vertex a z value (maybe possible I don't know how. Yet) should all seamlessly apply to basic grading.

@Landartma you know…..when I was assisting you months ago I showed you how to facilitate all of what you are inquiring about now 🙂 modifying 3d contours Inside the source data….that is the easy way.we also did some curved battered landscape walls….perhaps go review that file we were working on. It may shed some light on your issues.

This was before the newer tools in 2023….which I know nothing about, other than their existence, since I am not using 2023.

May the force be with you!  🙂

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Landartma said:

I just looked at "Define by contours" I ran the command.  Control Z for sure...That made it way worse. I'm sure both commands work but damned if I can figure it out.  Scratching my head...

See this video from about 37:40:

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/overview/view.php?id=5243

Katarina uses a Grade Limits + the Define by Contours function to tidy up the contours in a particular area - next to a path funnily enough so seems very similar to your case. This is a new feature to VW2023.

• Like 1