Stage deck 2D symbol with height info

Hi,

I'm trying to show my stage decks-heights on a sheet layer, but adding a linked text from a record doesn't work as far as I understand. 

I tried to use the "Text Option" dialogue box -> activate Height, but that makes the text too small and doesn't align with the riser. 

Any tip on how I can do this better?

Thanks!

A Data Tag is the way to do it. If you don't have one that's suitable, select a Stage Deck object and run the Create Data Tag command from the Tools menu. It's a fairly simple process that will go a long way to creating a finished Data tag that shows height.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, markdd said:

A Data Tag is the way to do it. If you don't have one that's suitable, select a Stage Deck object and run the Create Data Tag command from the Tools menu. It's a fairly simple process that will go a long way to creating a finished Data tag that shows height.

Thank you! Can I batch-do this with every stage deck in the drawing, or do I have to make them one by one? I'd like this feature to be default and for the Data tags to be on a specific layer as well. Can I implement this at the time of putting the decks on the drawing?

Many thanks! Martin

18 hours ago, Josh Schulman said:

You could make a symbol for 1’ deck, 2’ deck, 3’ deck  and have the deck height on the symbol. Or you could make those symbols and have a data tag report back the symbol name. 

If I create a symbol I can't use the stage deck tool any more right? I thought about that as well, but had second thoughts since I'd need a lot of symbols for different heights and combinations...