Teigha Error

VectorWorks 2013 on Windows 11

I'm long retired, and only do a few small projects a year. Hence the outdated version of VW.

Today, I tried to import a contour survey in DWG format. The error message seems to be contradictory : It says the file is 2011 version, and that VW can only open DWG files up to 2013. I have already requested a new file in an older version. But shouldn't VW 2013 open a 2011 file without an erroneous error message (image attached)?

I'll appreciate any enlightenment.

Teigha error.png

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

VW 2013 is not compatible with Win 11.  This could be some kind of OS incompatibility throwing up the wrong error.

My old creaky VW runs smoothly in Win 11, except for importing DWG files. I also got "teigha" errors back when I was running on Win 10. Do you have any suggestions for importing DWG site contours into a VW file for a 3D drawing? I'll eventually have to export back into DWG. Is there a way to convert 2011 DWG into something I can use?

1 hour ago, JuanP said:

try the following: 

Thanks for the suggestion. The sender uses Microstation, but I don't know the operating system. One filename does have a symbol in it : "&". But the one I'm trying to import only has commas : Lot 18, Heritage 1, Topo. Win 11 shouldn't have a problem with that filename, right? Besides, the error refers to AutoCAD version, not the filename. The original file is located on the desktop.

Edited by JHEarcht3
56 minutes ago, JHEarcht3 said:

I'm waiting for a new file. With fingers crossed.

Did you know that Vectorworks is available on monthly (and annual) subscription now? If you're interested in a monthly sub but want to be sure the file will open before starting one, supply the DWG. I'm happy to test it on my release (2023 SP5). 

15 hours ago, Jeremy Best said:

Did you know that Vectorworks is available on monthly (and annual) subscription now? If you're interested in a monthly sub but want to be sure the file will open before starting one, supply the DWG. I'm happy to test it on my release (2023 SP5). 

Thanks, but I'm retired and don't do enough drafting work to make a subscription economically feasible. VW 2013 is still running smooth, even with 100,000 miles on the odometer.

I now have a DWG 2011 file, and it imported into VW2013 with no problems. I was confused by the wording of the error message. Its meaning is now obvious.

• Like 1