How do I retrieve Hinge Qty record?

Christiaan

Question

7 answers to this question

@Tom W. Are you sure about that?  Here is what I got for hardware running the PIO fields to Worksheet.  Note that the Hardware Quantity is a Text field, not a number, so if you are trying to count them you will need to use something like =Value('Door'.'HWQty').  But if you use that directly in a worksheet you will not be able to edit the value in the worksheet.  So you may want two columns, one with just ='Door'.'HWQty' for editing and one with the value function for counting.

image.png.4cdb730f5d60a8bd409abad67a16645d.png

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

@Tom W. Are you sure about that?

I saw Hardware Quantity - and it's present in the 'Create Report' dialog as well as per @Christiaan's screenshots - but I also assumed we were looking for Hinge Quantity. I have never reported on a Hardware Set before so is that what 'Hardware Quantity' returns: the number of hinges...??? I assumed it returned the count for each type of hardware set in the file. So a door could have one hardware set comprising a pair of handles + one lock + a pair of escutcheons or whatever but also perhaps two, three or four hinges depending on the size/weight of the door... How do you report how many hinges per door? 

I don't know and I could certainly be wrong, but if you look at the the dialog box in Christiaan's first post and the list of fields, they match. That makes me think that the HWQty field is the one labeled in the dialog box as Hinge Qty.  It seems to return the value in question.

But now that I have looked at this, what I really want to know is how can a door need a Hinge Qty of 1 1/2 sets?  Which is what almost all of the hardware sets show. Shouldn't hinges be counted by integers? 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I don't know and I could certainly be wrong, but if you look at the the dialog box in Christiaan's first post and the list of fields, they match. That makes me think that the HWQty field is the one labeled in the dialog box as Hinge Qty.  It seems to return the value in question.

That sounds completely plausible. And the fact it's a text field + the entries in the VW hardware sets (which I've never really looked at before) all say '1 1/2 Pair' like you say so I guess it's not set up to provide a total count of all the hinges in a project... Be interested to see what your report looks like @Christiaan, or anyone one else... How useful/practical is it reporting on Hardware Sets generally?