How do I chang the glazing in a curtain wall door?

K.E

Question

Struggling to work this one out.

I have created a curtain wall and added two doors by selecting each panel and right clicking "add door". I've converted to unstyled, then in the settings for that door I've changed the leaf to glazed. This gave me a glazed door exactly as I need, but I want to change the glazing in the panel to match rest of the glazing I have picked for the curtain wall.

How do I change this?

Thanks

Curtain wall doors.JPG

6 answers to this question

When you insert the door using the method you describe, it's going to use your currently active door style for styling the door.

So, before you insert the door, configure one to your liking and the issue is eliminated.

If you need to delete a misplaced door, you can right click on the door and select "remove break", which will let you place the door correctly.

If you do not know how to style doors, take a look at that first.  The default style places all the 3D door geometry on the same class as what the door is placed on, rarely a desired behavior, especially when metal frames and glazing is involved.  Best to come up with a classing system for doors and curtain walls prior to proceeding so your glass and frames will match as desired.

• Like 1

Update:

Frustratingly, I have opened the model today and the glass I fixed yesterday has once again disapeared 🤷‍♀️ I've repeated the steps I took yesterday and I can't get it to match again.

Edit:

Nevermind, the class was hidden 😅

Edited by K.E