Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

refresh data visualization with a script

Hi,

actually VW sometimes has problems with it's data visualizations. Our german helpdeskt already told me, to refresh the data visualization manually, by switching a color back & forward and than leave the dialogue.

That works, but, for more than 2 Daza Visualizations it's getting more and more complicated. Isn't that possible with a a Vectorscript or Python script?  Hopefully, that there is a way. 🙂

Do you know a way to refresh all Datavisualizations with a script? AFAIK Data vis aren't PIOs, so I am afraid, that that won't work. Or, am I wrong?

best regardas, Matteo

Edited by matteoluigi
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, matteoluigi said:

actually VW sometimes has problems with it's data visualizations. Our german helpdeskt already told me, to refresh the data visualization manually, by switching a color back & forward and than leave the dialogue.

I have noticed this too + wasn't sure whether it was just me or I'd done something wrong...!

• 9 months later...

If I for example remove a fixture I still have to go to data viz -> change to a different parameter to clear out all existing values -> change back -> auto-color. I'm all for automating things and this seems like a nice addition, but it would mean I have to figure out how the SDK works

7 minutes ago, stingalleman said:

I still have to go to data viz -> change to a different parameter to clear out all existing values -> change back -> auto-color

that of course works. I just thought that a simple "refresh datavizualization"-button would be a big timesaver.

17 minutes ago, matteoluigi said:

actually it seems to me, that that function works better now in 2024, so a refresh isn't necessary in 2024 🙂 

Unfortunately I have not found that things are any different in VW2024. And in fact changing the Attribute Value back + forth doesn't resolve it for me (assuming that was what you meant?): I have to make an edit to the Criteria in order for the Data Viz to take effect. I assumed this was a bug + I meant to file a report on it but never got around to it...

Actually it's struck me that we might be talking about different things... I'm talking about Data Visualisations that I've Exported to my User Folder + am attempting to use in a new file. Using a Section VP as an example, I apply the saved Data Vis to the VP, which imports the Data Vis into the file: what's weird is that the un-updated VP displays the changed attributes correctly but when I update the VP the attributes revert to what they were originally. So in the OIP it says the Data Vis is applied + the Data Vis Legend is there in the VP but the Data Vis is not displaying on the geometry. I have to edit the Data Vis + change something with the criteria + then the Data Vis will finally 'stick'. This happens every time I use a saved Data Vis + has been happening for years.