slab in curved walls?? help

Miss

8 minutes ago, BartHays said:

Have you tried to create the poly first (inner boundary mode) and then convert it to a slab object via "create Objects from Shapes? 

It's hard to see but is it possible you don't have a close boundary?

Bart

What do you mean by that? How do you create the poly first? 

28 minutes ago, Miss said:

What do you mean by that? How do you create the poly first? 

Looks like the non-closed wall is(EDIT: ISN'T) the issue, but here is how you can create a boundary object polyline and then convert it to a slab ( Assuming you have VW Architect or better) 

image.png.483be0c23b3d5a22d3870d5f20e17ec4.png             image.png.7f123964ca34a1f83ef45fd631adaf9d.png

Maybe try turning your stair class off while you try to create the slab.

Bart

Edited by BartHays
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Miss said:

thank you I've managed to convert the polygon to a slab 🙂- are their any issues with this method that I may come across after when adding furniture etc? do I treat it as a the normal slab? 

As far as I know, it is the same slab object. There are just two(or more?) ways of getting the same output. 

Glad it worked!

Cheers,

Bart

22 minutes ago, Miss said:

are their any issues with this method that I may come across after when adding furniture etc? do I treat it as a the normal slab? 

The only thing to bear in mind is that your Slab will not be Auto-Bounded to the Walls in the same way it would be if you'd created it using Picked Walls Mode or Inner Boundary Mode. An Auto-Bounded Slab will resize automatically when you move the Walls. But you can make a Slab Auto-Bounded after the fact by going to Boundary > Pick Boundary... in the OIP

The other thing about an Auto-Bounded Slab created using Picked Walls Mode or Inner Boundary Mode is that it can be set up in the Edge Offset settings so that different components are bound to different locations in the Wall: on creation the Slab components will extend the pre-determined distances + automatically clip the Walls in the process. The only way to achieve these auto-offsets + auto-clipping is to have the Slab Auto-Bounded to the Walls on creation: you can't apply it retrospectively by Auto-Bounding the Slab after the fact from the OIP. At least that's my understanding...

None of this necessarily affects you in your case (I generally set up all my offsets manually rather than using Auto-Bounding) but you did ask what the difference was!

• Like 2