How to show wall side texture on the top and ends?

I'm attaching a screen shot of the walls that I'm talking about. I'd like the walls to be self capping but for the life of me can't figure out how to wrap the mortar and veneer over the concrete core. I'd also like to do this for the ends of the wall. 

Thanks!

1464069350_ScreenShot2023-05-19at12_52_48PM.png

For the wall ends, you have to manually add a cap per https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2023/eng/VW2023_Guide/Walls/Creating_wall_end_caps.htm

For the top, there's no way I know of to include this in the Wall object, and you have to create it as a separate object (Extrude Along Path, Extrude, Slab, Floor, etc).  I'm pretty sure this is a pretty popular Wishlist item in other threads.

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 1

If it's just for 3D views the easiest thing is to switch to By Object render mode (in OIP).

If however you want to cut vertical a section through the wall + show the render component wrapping over the top of the wall I personally would do it with a Slab. And to deal with the vertical ends of the Walls use the Wall End Cap Tool.

• Like 2