Data viz and Wall textures

BartHays

Question

Hello all,

I am using Data Visualizations to clarify who is responsible for different scopes of work on a project. 

Everything is working well, except for Walls that have textures by face object. 

Form some reason these textures are not getting overwritten by the Visualization manager.

Below, the blue walls are textured by Component and the Vis overrides the texture as expected.
The wall with the Bee on it is a wall textured by Object with the LEFT parameter having texture. I believe the VIz manager should overwrite this texture too (It should be all orange like the exposed bit on the bottom). 

I can convert the Bee wall to being textured by component and/or add a thin extrude for the texture, so I have a workaround, but I think this is a bug, right?

Bart

image.thumb.png.57fa14ad88523b96e6cb77ef63851eb9.png

6 answers to this question

Hi @michaelk

I think my issue is more complicated. 

I can override simple textures but look at the two elements in this file.

One shape has a decal and it seems to break the data vis ( object disappears) - If I delete the decal, it works fine.

The wall object works fine if textures re defined by Component but if texture are defined by Object, they dataviz doesn't work correctly.

After creating this test file, I created an extra Rendeworks Texture, with just a color shader, the same color as my Dataviz solid fill color, and applied it to the Dataviz. It did fix the issue with the decal, but not with the wall texture.

Regardless, I shouldn't have to create new Renderworks texture for every override in my Dataviz.

(Update: if I just create a Texture with the color shader as Object Attribute, I can use just one texture and assign it to all of my Data viz items)

Bart

1695338170_testDV2.vwx

Edited by BartHays