Vectorworks contractor required for urgent project

We have an urgent project consisting of 2 x apartments (1 x 2 bedroom and 1 x 4 bedroom) which requires texturing and 3D furniture in order to create some perspectives of key design areas for the client. 

The 2 x properties are already drawn in 3D in Vectorworks with the floors, doors, kitchen and bathrooms textured accordingly. Lighting is also already in place. 

We have an FF&E schedule of bespoke furniture, bespoke headboards, dressing tables, light fittings and wall finishes which we need modelled and textured. We attach a sample of some of the furniture requiring to be drawn / modelled. 

The turn around time is urgent - we require this to be completed by Saturday 20-May-23. 

Also happy for some models to be purchased if need be. 

Please get in touch if you think you can assist with this. 

115975_0_1_1.webp

584667873_Screenshot2023-05-16at00_15_23.png

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 01.44.58.png

1902516895_Screenshot2023-05-16at01_37_10.png

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 02.35.34.png

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 20.24.26.png

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 20.01.19.png

571974474_Screenshot2023-05-16at19_44_50.png

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 22.38.15.png

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 23.47.16.png

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 23.03.30.png

• Like 1

Hey @TomWYou are a UK guy......It is a bit '11th Hour' and you only have until Saturday to finish this.....and I realize that there are absolutely no dimensions or any other views other than what is shown in each image for any of those furniture items..........and, as Studio Smith noted,  there are many more items not noted.....It will probably take until Saturday just to create all the textures needed to apply TO each piece of furniture....

What you think Tom?  You up for the challenge ??? 🙂

The only way I see this even happening is to gather about 25 of us to each model maybe 2 pieces of furniture each.

I guess we all  better get crackin'!!

🙂

• Confused 1
30 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

Hey @TomWYou are a UK guy......It is a bit '11th Hour' and you only have until Saturday to finish this.....and I realize that there are absolutely no dimensions or any other views other than what is shown in each image for any of those furniture items..........and, as Studio Smith noted,  there are many more items not noted.....It will probably take until Saturday just to create all the textures needed to apply TO each piece of furniture....

The only way I see this even happening is to gather about 25 of us to each model maybe 2 pieces of furniture each.

🙂

Haha yes I understand it's a tall order, however there is plenty of further information on each of the furniture pieces (imagery, dimensions, textures, etc) in a full FF&E schedule. 

We are after key areas of the property to be furnished and textured and also happy to look at purchasing models to save on time wherever we can. 

Not sure if you might be able to actually assist @TomW, or if you're taking the mick Kevin 😉, but we'd certainly appreciate the help if it's something you are able to genuinely able to assist with. 

Thank you! 😀

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Kevin K said:

🙂

Hi Kevin assuming you meant me + not the TomW you actually tagged (who has yet to post since joining in 2018 🙂) I'm always up for a VW-related challenge but have literally today just started a month off work to work on a long-overdue private project for myself so there's no way I'm doing anything for anyone else!!! But I'm sure they'll be fine in your more than capable hands.

Or they could just scan them if they have access to the originals:

• Like 1

@Studio Smiths...well, good to know you do in fact have much more data pertaining to those furniture items. I can sleep better now 🙂

Thanks for explaining that.

That said, the Saturday deadline does seem a bit tight for one person to deal with, seems to me.

and, once these items are placed where you want them within the two properties you mentioned...are YOU going to deal with the interior renderings, etc, or did you want whomever takes on this job to do the renderings as well..

-Kev

• Like 1

Well.....I had a go at modeling one of the chairs from @Studio Smiths long list of items....I guess I have too much free time!  🙂

The image on the right is obviously their example....the one on the left is my effort .

Was a bit tricky creating those pesky radius corners.

Plus, with no real dimensions or data showing the chair from any elevational views....I was flying blind and it involved a bit of guesswork, etc.

I have no clue what is supporting the cushion that cantilevers a bit from the chair itself.

MODERNCHAIRKEV.thumb.png.b3630ec53cae95e578b310b53208b359.png

• Like 4

Here is another 'flying blind' interpretation attempt from the example photos of the various furniture items posted.

I constructed it a bit differently, as you will note.

I added a piece of wood trim on top of the wicker back and used different wicker and cushion textures. I prefer my wicker texture in lieu of what was shown in the example photo 🙂

Also,  I did not include the slight angle of the wicker back, as seen from the front....

Ok, I am done! Bedtime in Tahiti!!! 

ModernChair2.thumb.png.400e47a60c1c1f0584ceb7cfb8f31553.png

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

Did you take up the contract?  I thought about it for minute, but I only model in Vectorworks and then send to C4D.  It's been so long, forget how to texture in VW.  Also, been retired so the long it looked like a hassle.

Anyway, nice work, looks like you embrace 3D modelling in Vectorworks.  Below is a chair I modelled for Vectorworks Corporate Maryland.

• Like 1

@VIRTUALENVIRONS No, I did not offer my services for several reasons.

Mainly because the request to complete all the work in two days, which was only partially previewed from their list of items in their post, was ludicrous.

I just modeled those items to practice my VW chops .:-)

I too use c4d with Redshift for many of my final renderings.

Hey, nice chair!!!!! A piece of art, to be sure! You should be proud! 

My real 'chair' skills are proudly featured below!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k19j6ry561quk1q/LAGOON UMBRELLA CHAIR-540p.mov?dl=0

• Like 3

Paul

I primarily dwell in the arena of high end residential design. 

At the most basic level, I just love designing stuff...from the dark recesses of my brain.... and then have it manifest in the digital world, then sometimes in real life 🙂

I am pretty sure that most here on on the forums embrace that paradigm.  

I know we all get into the weeds here regarding tool usage, or lack of, using VW, but at the heart of it all is our love of design!

Has nothing to do with why the stair tool never quite works as advertised !! 

There ya have it...

• Like 2