Rendermall Trees - Adding Trees

Hi

I've been looking at the Rendermall Trees and wanted to add some more.

The attached screenshot is from Vectorworks Help for Vectorworks 2022. It states that at the bottom of the list of trees/plants is an option for 'More Plants' to purchase well, more trees and plants. In Vectorworks 2023 Architect, I do not have this option available. There is no 'More Plants' Option at the bottom of the list.

I'm assuming this has been removed in Vectorworks 2023? If so, how do I add more Rendermall Trees/Plants?

Kind regards

Mike1996769585_VectorworksRendermallPlants.thumb.jpg.7f9a65ab07b082b42d5f830c70a5de2c.jpg

Hi @jeff prince

Yeah, I carried on searching on the Forum after I posted and came across a post that mentioned they had gone out of business. Shame.

Ha ha. Briefly tried the Laubwerk ones but no matter what setting I selected for the detail, it just rendered as white/grey squares on branches with no detail or texture. Also found another post that stated this is a known issue with SP4.

I liked the Rendermall ones as they seemed to be a good balance between detail and speed of rendering.

Not that I use a lot of trees, but would be nice to have a decent choice. Also, some more Oaks please 🙂

Mike

Edited by Michael Siggers
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Michael Siggers said:

but would be nice to have a decent choice. Also, some more Oaks please

I agree. But you should try creating your own content. The closer you look at the VW plants the more you realise how inaccurate/inadequate they are. It is a lot of fun taking your own photos + creating image props from them.

I also agree about the Rendermall plants. I purchased a load a while back - I only hope the tool to insert them isn't now withdrawn...

• Like 2

I liked the Rendermall plants a lot, especially the Oaks and Maples. I missed Pinus and Amelanchier i.e. Anyway, I put them into a file and fetch them from there so I can use them if the tool disappears. The (german based?) company Rendermall doesn't exist anymore - which is a pity in my opinion. They disappeared without leaving some nice Amelanchier behind 🙂

On 5/6/2023 at 12:35 AM, jeff prince said:

terrible "Lagwerk" plants

why exactly don't you like the Laubwerk plants? There are some useful species available which i missed before. But I miss the "super detail mode" for quality renderings to reach the promised look, but maybe this will be delivered later on...

2 hours ago, c.markus said:

why exactly don't you like the Laubwerk plants? There are some useful species available which i missed before. But I miss the "super detail mode" for quality renderings to reach the promised look, but maybe this will be delivered later on...

They are slow, oftentimes horticulturally incorrect, and occasionally have very bad geometric errors generated.

Pretty much everything that is for an arid environment must have been constructed from internet information like botanical descriptions and plant pressings because the structure and colors are way off.  It's like the builders just don't have experience with certain types of plants and are satisfied with phoning it in.

There are better options through Globeplants which are constructed correctly and look convincing.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, c.markus said:

I put them into a file and fetch them from there so I can use them if the tool disappears.

It would be a great shame if the tool disappeared + we lost the ability to control the species/height/resolution/season parametrically.