Can't Save, Open, Edit or do much of anything else... Menu options all greyed out.

hollister design Studio

Question

8 answers to this question

I moved everything to a new file hoping it was something with that file, but I will look for that if it happens again. I couldn't open any other files will the issue was happening to test - but I could create a blank file and they were affected also.

It happened about 10 time yesterday, once in the morning, twice after lunch and then with increasing frequency until I just quit for the day.

It's odd because many tool worked fine - polygon, circle, rectangle - but no 'higher functions' worked.

Just started up again after a day of behaving normally

There is definitely something like a tool is stuck open - but there isn't a window open on or off screen.

The windows 11 task bar shows a second instance of VW that is just the "data entry box" by itself - this is not normal.

image.thumb.png.7d0b8f6d1a11826399be4ba4941af674.png

This 'data entry box' shows X,Y, L and Angle although there is no tool selected.

image.thumb.png.27036e57f2ddd36e55737ed6024d5d0c.png

If I use a basic tool (the only functions that work seem to be basic geometry) the "data entry box" changes to that tools default.

Again, most menu items are greyed out.

There is no way to get out of this except by restarting.

Vector works is 2023 SP4 build 693289