Doors not showing correctly with glazed leafs despite class settings...!!!!!?????

AlexanderWalker

Question

Hi All

For some reason I cannot get any doors to show as glazed. I have checked that the glazing class is set correctly in the door classes settings and the glazing clear class itself is checked for use at creation and the doors still don't appear to show up as glazed? If I include a sidelight or a fanlight/transom these immediately show up correctly as glazed, therefore I cannot help but feel I am overlooking something totally obvious. 

Has anyone else come up with the issue before? 

Thank you in advance. 

Alex 

VW2023 SP4

Mac Pro

6 answers to this question

I had this in the very past and had to fiddle a while with it.

But AFAIR the final solution was something like "use at creation" activation.

As you already did, maybe it also needed to switch it off/on again or change

the glazing Classes back and forth.

And yes, there was recently a similar thread again.

EDIT :

3 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

I wonder if it's related to this:

Edited by zoomer

The issue is to do with your detail level settings.

You have 'Auto display detail levels...' enabled + have it set up so that the only way your NOT going to see objects at Low detail level is by setting the layer scale to 2x:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dd7607bccf870c6764de42e7e13c98cf.jpg

Door settings:

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.29027f0fd00910ef0e26d52c3dfc51f6.jpg

At low detail the door leaves will display as solid i.e. you won't see the panels/glazing.

Basically just disable 'Auto display...' + the doors will display correctly. If you want to use different detail levels on the design layer (I personally never do) then you need to set the scales to something more logical e.g. 1:100 for low detail + 1:25 for high detail.

• Like 2

Honestly, the level of help I get on these forums is amazing. Tom, thank you so much for your time and help, I would never have worked that out! I sometimes find I spend more of my time actually just trying to work out the intricacy of the software, or not in this case. But everyday is a school day, thank you so much I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. 

• Like 3