Title Block borders show and don't show

Ramon PG

Question

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Is the TBB set to 'Use as title block only' in the 'Title Block' pane? That would explain why all the settings are greyed-out, both by style + by instance.

Yep.... Thanks a million.

I was confused by the TBB not showing here bc I checked the Zoom in Title Block (which does not zoom at all), and having a second TBB with no border and the same "Zoom..." checked. Never assume. 

image.thumb.png.1edb90e7b04f420e14f7198392703eda.png

1 hour ago, Ramon PG said:

Yep.... Thanks a million.

I was confused by the TBB not showing here bc I checked the Zoom in Title Block (which does not zoom at all), and having a second TBB with no border and the same "Zoom..." checked. Never assume. 

It also confuses me that the Styled TBB shows the "Lock to page center" as checked, but the TBB can be moved about w/o any constrain. And the item appears "freely set", but editing the TBB allows not editing.

image.png.33042c9b48e91b282f4d7edf89ff20e8.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
10 hours ago, Ramon PG said:

It also confuses me that the Styled TBB shows the "Lock to page center" as checked, but the TBB can be moved about w/o any constrain. And the item appears "freely set", but editing the TBB allows not editing.

image.png.33042c9b48e91b282f4d7edf89ff20e8.png

- This is shown as checked in the style but it is not relevant when you have selected 'Use as title block only'. If you want the TBB to snap to the page you have to deselect 'Use as title block only' and then you will be able to control and use the 'Lock to page center' option.

4 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- This is shown as checked in the style but it is not relevant when you have selected 'Use as title block only'. If you want the TBB to snap to the page you have to deselect 'Use as title block only' and then you will be able to control and use the 'Lock to page center' option.

@Ramon PG my TBBs are title blocks only so I had 'Use as title block only' unchecked when I set them up in order to constrain the title block where I wanted it on the page, then disabled it afterwards in order to lose the border around the print area. If I then decide to change the paper size for a sheet I have to repeat the process: edit the TBB style, uncheck 'Use as title block only' to have the title block reposition itself, then edit it again to enable it once more.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

@Ramon PG my TBBs are title blocks only so I had 'Use as title block only' unchecked when I set them up in order to constrain the title block where I wanted it on the page, then disabled it afterwards in order to lose the border around the print area. If I then decide to change the paper size for a sheet I have to repeat the process: edit the TBB style, uncheck 'Use as title block only' to have the title block reposition itself, then edit it again to enable it once more.

- You can achieve the same without those extra steps if you just hide some of the TBB graphics, such as 'Hide Border' selected, 'Show Grids' deselected, 'Crop Marks' set to None, etc.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

- You can achieve the same without those extra steps if you just hide some of the TBB graphics, such as 'Hide Border' selected, 'Show Grids' deselected, 'Crop Marks' set to None, etc.

Ha ha I already had 'Hide Border' selected + 'Show Grids' deselected + couldn't understand why I still had a border around the print area: I needed to set 'Crop Marks' to none! Thank you @Nikolay Zhelyazkov!

• Like 1