Lustr 3 Symbol

I don't seem to have one! This was installed yesterday after a beta serial number update.

edit - Just closed and restarted and refresed again and it has appeared. However, now i am getting this error.... Can you shed any light on this?

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 16.11.26 pm.png

Edited by markdd
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@markddI have too seen this before when I have bounced between public releases and internal/public beta releases. I have had to dump the RM cache folder and then relaunch VW and then refresh libraries using the gear icon in the RM twice to get them to restore. Please try that and if that does not work please file a bug.

The Series 3 in the library looks like mostly a data update. The size and shape of the units changed pretty considerably, if that's important to you. Here's a comparison of the 36-degree symbols:

image.png.6c5b2a955214fcf49fcf258789e4532a.png

Also, just to add some complexity to developing symbols, the Series 3 engine also works with the older gate assemblies and both standard and EDLT lens tubes, though the newer gate assembly and XDLT lens tubes are standard.

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Alex KeenThey are definitely there. They are in the Premium Libraries in the Lighting Instruments>ETC Source Four LED folder. You have to have access to Premium Libraries and have them enabled to see this content.

Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 09.41.34.png

On 3/27/2024 at 4:24 PM, Alex Keen said:

On 2024 with updated libraries.  I can confirm that the symbol is absolutely not anywhere

@Alex Keen You may need to clear your local RM cache file. Refreshing the RM doesn't always do this.
Delete the RM Cache folder and then refresh the RM and it'll pull down a complete set of updated RM files.
Win: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks RMCache\rm2024
Mac: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks RMCache/rm2024

Your file location might differ.