Gable roof for massing model

Hello all

I'm placing a massing model into a landscape drawing and would like to place a gable roof on the model instead of the default which is shown below.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious but thought I would reach out to this group for some feedback.

I did search for this topic on the forum and didn't see anything, also found some reference within VW Landmark help but it is quite confusing.

Thanks to any ideas or solutions.😀

massing model.jpg

massing model1.jpg

When you create the missing model, you have to take the option to create a custom roof. from Profile.  This will allow you to change the profile and add Gable ends to the roof. You have to choose this option before you create your missing model but it doesn't allow you to edit the roof using the regular tools. 

2023-03-10_08-02-06.png

2023-03-10_08-06-50.png

2023-03-10_08-06-28.png

• Like 1

Double click the edge you want to make a gable and select gable.  It will change the end to gable

Conversely you can build up the roof with roof faces. 

**Edit maybe landmark doesn't have AEC roofs?   Not sure.

2009268469_ScreenShot2023-03-09at2_01_25PM.thumb.png.891555c6b6ae4b1a6d321950111ab873.png

Edited by cberg
  • Like 1

Thanks very much @Jonathan Pickup and @cberg

Jonathan editing the roof after creating the massing object was still cumbersome and didn't give me the results I was hoping for.

I opted to create four wall and a roof surface and edited as @cberg suggested (this process didn't work with a massing model). Worked like a charm, thanks very much 😀

PS seems like a gable roof should be an option within the massing model OIP

massing model2.jpg

• Like 1